About the job
You will provide electrical engineering services to Worley, and its Customers.
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform electrical engineering services such as
- identifying and reporting changes to project scope
- assisting with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- providing assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What You Will Bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- A good team player supporting the diverse project requirements
- Should be hands-on with the preparation of various engineering deliverables
- Offshore project experience is a must
- Minimum 7 and maximum 10 years of engineering and design experience in the oil & gas industry
- Incorporates safety in design and provides attention to sustainable design
- Well versed with High voltage systems at least up to 11kV systems inclusive of cables, transformers, switchgears
- Preparation of Single Line Diagrams, Protection Metering Diagrams, Load Lists
- Power System Analysis using ETAP from modeling the system, to perform load flow, short circuit, dynamic motor starting
- Harmonic analysis, protection coordination, arc flash studies will be an added advantage
- Techno-economic approach in the selection of the design/engineering options is a must
- Sizing calculations: Transformers, EDGs, AC/DC UPS including battery, PFCC, HV/LV cables, earthing, lightning protection as per IEC
- Well versed with the selection of Ex rated equipment as per IEC Ex/ATEX and interpretations related to hazardous area classification
- Preparation of Specifications, Datasheets for equipment, materials; vendor interaction to complete TBE and Vendor Engineering Review
- Guiding designers in preparing the layouts for equipment arrangement, cabling earthing, lighting & small power, lightning protection
- Co-ordination with work-share office colleagues; checking and reviewing drawings/documents prepared by other colleagues
- Team player willing to walk that extra mile to ensure timely, quality delivery of the project
- Experience with MS-Excel automation, EMC awareness, Shell DEP, QP standards & practices will be an added advantage
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not
- holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period