About the job
- Provides mechanical and Piping & Layout engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance and expertise while overseeing the mechanical, piping & layout aspect of the Compression Project contract ensuring project deliverables and schedule are met.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of mechanical and Piping & layout engineering scope of work, advises and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System (COMPANYPMS).
- Manages 3 party’s engineering Contractor’s mechanical. Piping & layout engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Manages Compression on-going multiple tendering activities to ensure timely EPC(s) award(s).
- Responsible to develop Qatari engineer(s) under company assigned NDP program
- Assesses and validates contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
- Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all mechanical engineering contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
- Responsible for the mechanical, piping & layout engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Develop, review and amend various policies and procedures to ensure that all mechanical, piping & layout engineering references are up to date and relevant.
- Minimum 15 years of Engineering experience in similar position with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.