About the job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for formulating ideas and curating content for exhibitions, events, and conferences. The candidate will work closely with the project team to set the vision and content of the events and develops optimal user experiences for participants.
The candidate should be innovative, insightful, and displays creativity in developing products and services. Candidates should be stayed abreast of industry and market trends to identify potential growth areas and subjects for meetings, conferences, and exhibitions. Mentors and provides strategic guidance to the staff on meeting the increasing expectations of customers.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of conferences, meetings, and other events
- Managing the financial aspects of an event such as securing sponsorships, negotiating prices with vendors, and planning budgets
- Coordinating travel arrangements for speakers, attendees, and event staff, including arranging for flights, booking hotels, renting vehicles, etc.
- Arranging for publicity for the event through press releases, social media campaigns, advertisements, or other methods
- Developing or approving the conference agenda, including topics and speakers
- Managing the registration process, including handling online registrations, and providing customer service to attendees to ensure they have a positive experience at the conference
- Scheduling speakers and panellists, arranging for audio-visual equipment, and deciding for event facilities such as meeting rooms or ballrooms
- Coordinating the event with other staff members such as catering managers, security personnel, and event planners
- Coordinating the event’s finances, including accounting for expenses, generating reports of earnings, and collecting payment from participants or sponsors
- Acquire resources to ensure adequate support for development of new events.
- Adopt new technologies to enhance content delivery and user experience.
- Approve recommended improvements in content delivery and user experience.
- Approve selected event speakers to initiate hiring process.
- Begin cross functional collaboration efforts to refine content delivery and user experience.
- Conduct training on the rollout of new and existing events
- Drive creative methods to deliver content and enhance user experience.
- Ensure marketing collaterals are aligned to event requirements.
- Ensure pricing strategies
- Lead department’s budgeting process to acquire funds for department activities.
- Lead development event strategies to align with market research and organisational analysis.
- Lead development of events mix to capitalise on market opportunities.
- Leverage emerging technologies to promote innovation in product and customer experience.
- Obtain approval of event strategies from key internal stakeholders.
- Oversee department’s budget use against departmental work plans.
- Research industry and market trends for the development of Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) event strategies.
- Select proposed events to capitalize on identified business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5- 7 years of experience as a conference director or in a similar role involved with conference development and production.
- Prior knowledge or experience in event management and producing
- Excellent scheduling, organizational skills
- Proficiency in Arabic and English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write marketable session descriptions and agendas
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline and result-oriented environment.
- Superb multitasking abilities.
- Comfort with cold-calling potential speakers, delegates, and attendees as such