About the job
- Ensure that all works undertaken by CONTRACTOR / sub- CONTRACTORs / Vendors /Manufacturers/ Service providers / TPIA is in accordance with project specifications, the Shell DEPs, company corporate standards, International codes and standards, and Contract QA/QC requirements.
- Ensuring that the company’s approved project QA/QC documents are appropriately undertakenat the work sites level (that include but not limited to Quality plans, Quality Control procedures, Quality Control plans, ITPs and inspection checklists…)
- Leading and maintaining the QC inspectors’ teamwork approach to work at fabrication, site construction, and offshore installation quality control activities with all concern parties.
- Monitoring the main Contractor/Vendor’s implementation of the approved Quality requirements and address any deficiencies. Also, Control of the Quality of main TPI/ contractor/vendor’s inspection personnel’s work activities on a daily basis.
- Acting as focal point for the resolution of shop / site related Quality Control issues in consultation with company’s EFT Sr. Quality Engineer.
- Control and follow-up of Contractor/Vendor’s Technical deviations, material substitutions, changes to inspection and test requirements at shop/ sites/ installations.
- Control and follow-up of Non-conformance Reports and ensure the implementation of the Corrective Action Requested and the preventive action proposed.
- Ensure that the Contractor / Vendor prepare, manages proper inspection & test records, and compiles test packs & dossiers for submission to company.
- Report the status of all the above on daily basis to company’s EFT Sr. Quality Engineer
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering.
- A valid CSWIP 3.2 or AWS Sr. welding Inspection Certificate (CWI) and at least two-year post-certification experiences’ Gas Grade 1or NACE level II qualified. NDT level II in RT and UT at least/ NDT qualifications in the relevant NDT methods shall be as per comapny-STD-R-008-1. Certified QMS
- Lead Auditor in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 and having at least two-year post training experiences.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience as QA/QC engineer / client rep, leading QC multidiscipline inspectors’ team, for inspection & testing activities for oil and gas offshore process platforms / subsea pipeline, including all phases of manufacturing, fabrication, construction, and offshore installation / laying.
- Additionally, to the experience and knowledge of related activities to offshore processes such as Sour services, Cladded Piping and CRA pipe line, welding, NDT, repair works, painting, coating, internal lining, Monel sheathing etc.