About the job
Position: Cost Controller
Location: Ras Laffan Industrial City
**PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QATARI NATIONAL CANDIDATES**
Job Summary and Purpose
Track and report projects’ costs, commitments and forecasts against budget, as well as prepare and present monthly and quarterly financial reports on an accurate and timely basis, and in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Deploy and perform an effective cost control process for projects.
- Handle the implementation of the cost management programs that reflects accurate project performance in terms of cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Track and report projects’ costs and cost centers including commitments, actuals, accruals and forecasts.
- Maintain a current overall project forecast to completion, with monthly cost and revenue recognition.
- Maintain project cost coding structure and monitor cost movement and variances on WBS level.
- Report and investigate the committed costs and activities to-date, actual vs budget, performance and productivity.
- Identify and recommend improvement initiatives to enhance the cost control process.
- Collect and analyze cost data to support performance measurements, projects’ benchmarking and communicate project’s’ performance, issues and deviation to the concern project tea
- Coordinate with the various departments for their annual budgets and gather their individual budgets into the yearly master budget.
- Contribute to the consolidation of the yearly Master Budget and its accurate allocation
- Prepare yearly audit reports in coordination with respective parties such as the internal audit function, external auditors etc.
- Prepare the monthly MIS reports, including but not limited to the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Participate in developing the Finance policies, procedures and system, and ensure their proper implementation to support achieving the Company business plan.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NKOM provides a safe, world-class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or any other related discipline
- 5 years of related experience in project cost control.
Job Specific Skills:
- Cost and variances analysis.
- SAP PS module and excel spreadsheet modeling.
- MIS reporting
- International financial reporting standards basic knowledge.