About the job
Vacancy Overview Cost Engineer Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift is seeking for a Cost Engineer to work in Qatar with a major Oil & Gas Company.
- Degree in Economics or equivalent
Duties And Responsibilities
- To prepare for review dedicated yearly and LOP forecasts data for the package.
- To prepare for review the detailed annual budget and updates in liaison with various internal entities and disciplines leads.
- To participate in the presentation and to defend the budget performance as required.
- To control budget availability for each commitment
- To ensure budget control, highlighting current trends and to justify variances between Forecast and Budget
- To establish register, to update, monitor and control the commitments, expenditure incurred and forecast for all contracts and purchase orders managed by Major Projects
- To perform specific Cost Analysis
- To provide input to the PALM (SAP) system, with regard to commitments, payment schedules, invoicing, time sheets and cost control issues, as required
- Liaise with the Finance entity to ensure that G&A and other common costs are charged fairly to the Major Project budgets.
- To prepare the monthly closure and make sure accruals done in PALM system are in accordance with current project(s) progress.
- To prepare all necessary documents as necessary for compliance regarding accruals
- To issue a detailed internal and external monthly cost report (Trends, Areas of Concern, Budget Variance analysis, Commitment/Expenditure figures, forecast at completion etc.) with comments and advise Project/Package Management on cost over-runs in a timely manner.
- To ensure correct and auditable records of all matters with Project expenditures, contracts, budgets, cash flows, forecasts, etc.
- To supervise the contractors and suppliers cost control activities.
- To deliver monthly cash forecasts for the perimeter
- To implement an efficient invoicing process and comprehensive control of the services to company
- To check and monitor invoices, in liaison with company’s accounting department to enable timely payment of invoices.
- To develop, communicate and implement procedures to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the Project budget and cost control activities.
- To advise, during project setup post award, contractors on key commercial requirements (invoicing format and submission, cost reporting etc.)
- To anticipate additional requirement for cost control support during execution of the project(s)
- To promote cost consciousness within the entity
- To ensure confidentially is being kept as per sensitive data.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors for cost justification
- To prepare the required cost recovery related documentation
- To liaise actively with Finance entity for all matters related to cost and accounting as required (Commitments, invoice processing and payment, accruals, payment claims and disputes…)
- To prepare commercial close out of the contract and archive all financial documentation as per company’s guidelines.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar activities for Oil & Gas projects.
- Advanced knowledge & experience in use of relevant computer systems (SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Power BI)
- Fluency in English
- EPC Contracts mechanisms
- Available for technical missions worldwide