About the job
As a Senior F&B Host/Hostess, you are responsible for delivering outstanding hospitality service in the premium outlets of QDF F&B. You will provide information, guidance & PR to customers, provide effective operational support and assistance to the Assistant Restaurant Manager and/ or the Restaurant Manager. You will also motivate and inspire other colleagues and assist with all tasks within a defined area.
Key accountabilities include:
- Welcome, greet and seat guests, and present the menus to guests with a positive approach and a smile, and always maintain positive body language. Treat all guests in a professional manner to ensure complete guest satisfaction; always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Handle the table bookings, takeaways, waitlist, arrange dining reservations for guests in advance and as they arrive at the restaurant, escorting guests to their tables, monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables for guest reservation.
- Regularly check reservation list, coordinate with Service Associate and kitchen staff for necessary preparation of guest arrival.
- Inspect and maintain the dining facilities to ensure dining areas are cleaned and tables are ready for the guest arrival.
- Collect comment cards from the guest and compile all feedback for management attention and action for future improvement.
- Compile all administrative data and manage online bookings and retail orders.
- Post orders on POS and assist with payment whenever necessary.
- Answer the phone and answer question concerning the menu/retail items of the restaurant, ensuring all queries are answered timely and accurately.
- Check the menu appearance regularly to ensure all menus are updated and presentable as per company standard.
- Observe tables and keep track of clean, dirty and occupied tables and update the reservation system accordingly.
- Maintain up to date menu knowledge of the restaurant along with all retail service and respond to guest queries accordingly.
- Maintain effective communication in regards to allergens, reservation, special requests and any other dietary requirements to all related departments to ensure a smooth service delivery.
- Interact with guests as they arrive by using their names and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience by offering consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service by building an exemplary rapport.
- Adhere to the highest grooming and appearance standards at all times to portray a professional image of self at the workplace.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High school qualification
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in hospitality, preferably in a luxury brand or 5-star hotel or similar
- Experience in reservation management
- Strong command of English language
- Genuine service/people focused attitude and understanding of needs of multicultural working/operating environment
- Ability to multitask different jobs due to the busy work environment
- Ability to work in shifts to support operations where necessary
- Arabic language skills are considered to be an advantage
- Formal qualifications in hospitality/service is an added advantage