About the job
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
Senior Advisor – Sustainability, Resilience and ESG
At GHD, we share a single vision – to address humanity’s most urgent needs and ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come. We are an employee-owned company with 11,000+ diverse and skilled individuals connected by over 200 offices, across five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region.
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, our strategy, what we value, and what we do every day with our clients and within our business. We are proud to work with clients to embed sustainable business models that drive long-term value.
We are investing heavily in growing our Sustainability, Resilience & ESG practice to help our clients navigate a constantly evolving landscape of risks and opportunities. This role is a key element of our growth strategy. We want to be at the forefront of current trends and are looking for candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop and grow our practice.
You will be based in Qatar as our first in-country sustainability hire but have a broader EMEA remit. As a member of our Sustainability, Resilience & ESG team, you will be working on market leading projects, building networks, and consulting on key strategic issues. You will also participate in the research and development required to support the growth of our fields of expertise.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage and assist with the delivery of projects and client relationships. There are a wide range of exciting projects that you will be able to get involved in. Areas we focus on are sustainable finance, sustainability strategy, net zero and decarbonisation, and ESG reporting and disclosure. The focus for Qatar and this role will be decarbonisation pathway and net zero strategy development, as well as sustainability and ESG reporting and strategy development.
- Lead on business development in Qatar. Partner with clients to identify and diagnose their needs and have the ability to cross-sell services.
- Create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects, consistently driving projects to completion, making sure that at the work delivered is industry leading.
- Support the EMEA Leader for Sustainability, Resilience and ESG to implement the growth strategy and align with the broader GHD business.
- Support the EMEA Leader for Sustainability, Resilience and ESG to implement the marketing/communications strategy for the GHD Sustainability, Resilience and ESG practice to strengthen the GHD brand and position us as a leader in this field.
- Working closely with colleagues, you will create a positive learning culture and coach and mentor junior team members and help them to develop.
- Collaborate with colleagues outside of Sustainability, Resilience & ESG to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work.
- Support the GHD Sustainability, Resilience and ESG practice so that we meet GHD’s overall objectives in terms of financial performance, risk management and strategic development, adhering to GHD’s core values.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in some or all of the following:
- Carbon accounting and decarbonisation pathway development.
- Net zero strategy development, including alignment with the Science Based Targets Initiative.
- Sustainability / ESG strategy and roadmap support and implementation, including conducting materiality assessment, benchmarking exercise, stakeholder engagement and advising on targets and metrics.
- Sustainability Reporting (SASB, GRI, UNSDGs, UNGC, Dow Jones), including data capture & analysis, ESG rating provider methodologies, and advise on improving transparency.
- Climate Disclosures (CDP, TCFD, SBTi) and how they support strategies and targets.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Excellent understanding of sustainability and ESG.
- Experience as a practitioner in the field, in the public or private sectors.
- Experience in business development.
- Ability to apply knowledge to real-world problems faced by businesses.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, including in a virtual environment, and bring your skills to bear together with our experts from across the business.
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, to complete reports and proposals, and active listening skills.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership for tasks and team performance, and proactively seeks out ways to better address our clients’ needs.
- Agility / flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Share our passion for helping businesses and other clients become more sustainable.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the GCC and to the UK, as necessary.
What we are looking for:
If you are interested in shaping and being part of a growing team, serving clients, and working with brilliant and supportive colleagues we want to hear from you!
What working at GHD offers:
- Comprehensive reward package.
- Support for flexible working.
- Support and coaching from more senior colleagues and a system of training, mentoring, and on-the-job training.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals.