About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Assistant Resident Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ability to coordinate, corporate and communicate with other construction projects in the vicinity of the works, in addition to effectively consulting with Statutory Bodies in respect of acquiring necessary consents and licenses.
- Performs well-defined field engineering assignments primarily involving the observation of work in progress. Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards. Assists construction personnel with general technical details.
- Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff.
- Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work. Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline; coordinates application of solutions.
- Monitors discipline construction schedules and assists in progress appraisal. Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Maintains a daily log for permanent record of project construction, as well as discipline data for the final project turnover and report. Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development record all as approved by the Engineer.
- Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution and or Chartered, Professional Engineer would be a distinct advantage, MMUP registration is mandatory.
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years in a managerial or technical lead capacity of similar large scale surface & ground water networks projects.
- Must demonstrate his/her experience in respect of the technical proposals evaluation and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical problems that may arise during construction.
- Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction and operation of deep underground pumping stations/structures works.
- It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar large scale open cut and micro tunneling surface & ground water networks under Design & Build projects undertaken within the city.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills. Arabic speaking would be an advantage.
- Computer skills are mandatory.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Strong leadership quality to lead and motivate a team of Site Engineers and Inspectors as Supervisor Consultant in a Design & Build project environment.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage work at multiple areas on site are essential.