About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team! In this role you will get to ensures that all QS team members apply company estimating practices, techniques, processes and procedures.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor ensures that all QS team members apply company estimating practices, techniques, processes and procedures.
- Delivers quality controlled Contract Administration and estimates for projects and programs as assigned. Defines and delineates project or program scope utilizing a top-down work breakdown structure (WBS), prepares material takeoffs in accordance with the WBS as defined by concept documents, and design drawings, plans and specifications.
- Develops detailed resource costs for work activities based on the planned schedule of execution, applies project burdens and indirect costs, applies dictated fees and taxes, defines costs associated with contract general conditions, and applies expected margins to produce a reasonable probable project and/or contract cost.
- Develops basis of the estimate (BOE) narrative that clearly defines estimate methodology, scope, pricing characteristics, escalation, assumptions, and exclusions such that the customer has complete understanding of the content and the components of the delivered estimate of probable cost.
- Reviews estimates delivered by other service providers to determine compliance with project and/or program procedures, estimate completeness, accuracy, and technical development and compliance with best practices.
- Reviews contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and/or scope changes, and defines cost and schedule impacts to the base contract, and to provide written evaluation and recommendation of reasonable reconciliation and remediation to project and/or program management staff.
- Prepares and summarizes task and subtask estimates, including resource rates and/or unit cost to perform parametric order of magnitude cost estimates when detailed estimate development is not necessary or time does not permit that level of detail.
- Defines scope and quantification for vendors and subcontractors necessary to obtain correct and competitive pricing for materials, equipment, and services required to complete an estimate of reasonable probable cost.
- Documents telephone, email, web and written bids and quotations complete with contractual terms and conditions, shipping cost and terms, transfer of title and terms of contract payment and completion.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data inclusive of construction location, site conditions and restrictions, contract terms and contract execution plan, procedures and methods in order to maintain current estimating database information and cost data.
- Provides training and guidance to Estimators and Associate Estimators in the preparation, revision, and production of cost estimates using the required project and/or program software, estimating tools and equipment.
- Reviews work produced by subordinate personnel for quality, clarity, accuracy, and application; verifying that all components and cost required by the contract documents are included.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from an accredited internationally recognized university and must be qualified and chartered (QS) by a recognized international body such as Chartered Institute of Buildings (CIOB) and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or as approved by the Engineer.
- Must have a minimum of 14 postgraduate years of experience and a minimum of 7 years of similar work experience on large infrastructure projects.
- Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
- Registration with MME (Qatar) is mandatory to function as an Engineer in Qatar.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
- Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
- Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.