About the job
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source a Head of MP Marine. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis. Please see details below.
Title: Head of MP Marine
Start Date: ASAP (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 36 Months
Location: Qatar Site / Doha HQ
Working Schedule: 6 days per week / 10 hours per day
- Lead the Marine Incident Management, Reporting and Investigation processes for Major Projects. Identify events latent conditions, monitor negative trends and actions on effective improvements.
- Reduce Company Strategic Risk exposure by leading and coordinating Marine Incident Investigations, identify causal factors and root causes, recommend corrective actions and manage the mitigations implementation close out within the overall Major Projects offshore spread.
- Establish, consolidate and formalize Major Projects (MP) Marine execution standards and best practices
- Maintain a robust and effective Marine Assurance and compliance process for the Offshore Spread operating within the Major Projects (MP) Group
- Implement synergies and promote scalable marine execution best practices among Major Projects.
- Support the Marine Assurance processes integration and standardization in collaboration with the Corporate functions.
- Major Projects Marine SME and Safety Leader expected to guide and support projects teams with extensive knowledge of safety protocols and best practices in the Maritime Industry
- Review and analyze technical marine operational challenges, develop and implement effective solutions to improve efficiency and reliability
Key Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for the Marine Assurance and Vessels Surveillance program implementation within the MP Group. Coordinate the MP vessel performance review and regularly report on Marine Operations KPIs.
- Marine Focal point for key interfaces with client Marine Dept, Offshore Operations and Project Management Teams.
- Establish and consolidate MP Marine execution standards and support projects on marine vendors pre-qualification, vessels reviews and selection.
- MP Marine SME facilitating and supporting Risk Screening and Formal Risk Assessment with offshore operations stakeholders, third parties, PMTs, Contractors and Vessel Owners.
- Consolidate the MP Marine Units forecast with focus on identifying synergies and opportunities among Major Projects (i.e., marine units, marine coordination personnel). Facilitate value proposition packages for optimized vessels utilization within the MP Offshore Spread.
- Implement and maintain an efficient Marine Incident Reporting System, support on root causes analysis and corrective action identification and implementation. Lead critical marine incident investigations (as MP Marine SME), attend offshore survey/inspections and marine audits.
- Support Project Marine Coordinators and PMTs on Marine Units Defect & Breakdown Management and facilitate critical restart plans to minimize operational downtime.
- Consolidate the marine operation best practices and facilitate consistent implementation among Major Projects, support the standardization of marine assurance processes. Capture lessons learned (LL) from previous projects and effectively support learnings sharing on current and future projects. Issue Marine Safety Flashes and Alerts
- Promote Marine Safety Leadership, by supporting a Proactive Safety Culture and implement industry leading Safety best practices and initiatives, including extensive use of Life Saving Rules and leading indicators to influence excellent HSES performance. Maintain a learning environment for turning safety visions to improvements plans
- Master Mariner, Ship First Engineer/Officer or Naval Architect/Marine Engineer
- 20 years of marine and offshore installation experience with 5+ years at management level or equivalent, with responsibility for managing offshore spreads and major offshore projects execution.
Knowledge and Key Skills
- Broad and extensive knowledge of critical marine operations including heavy lifting, transportation & installation (structural and subsea scopes), JUB/Rigs moves.
- Knowledge of Dynamic Positioning Systems & Operations, DP FMEA Analysis, DP FMEA Proving Trials, Annual DP Trials, ASOG/CAM.
- Experience on establishing and managing Marine Assurance & Compliance processes in accordance with Corporate requirements and international standards.
- Highly knowledgeable in International Maritime Regulations, Codes and Standards.
- Previous Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) and Marine Consultancy experience is advantageous
- International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) accreditation & certification is preferred.