About the job
Our Middle East operations have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our office in Qatar building services team.
To be successful, you must be a qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer, with a minimum of 8 years’ experience. With a sound understanding of current mechanical engineering technologies in design and delivery of large institutional residential, retail, commercial and educational developments.
You will also have:
- Experience working within the Middle East, and Grade A certification.
- A proven track record of delivering large-scale multidisciplinary sustainable building designs from within an engineering consultancy.
- Experience in preparing authority submission documentation and dealing directly with the local authorities in Qatar.
- Experience in leading and preparation of firefighting, plumbing, drainage and HVAC design calculations and drawings.
- Strong understanding of NFPA and QCDD standards.
- Strong technical report writing and documentation skills, and communication (English)
- Extensive experience in using current technology analysis software for firefighting, heat load calculations and energy modeling.
- Experience with Building Information Management (REVIT) software.
- Ability to work independently and proactively as part of a team on project delivery.
In addition, your technical knowledge will be underpinned by your highly developed and effective communications, your ability to share knowledge and experience with like-minded professionals, and your affinity for working in a consultative manner with both internal and external clients as well as experience in managing projects.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications, skills and experience. GHD practices family-friendly policies and warmly welcomes applications from all nationalities and supports the nationalization programs in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.