About the job
Located in the former Ministry of Interior building, The Ned Doha offers seven restaurants, 90 bedrooms, event venues, and Ned’s Club, a private members’ club that gives access to spaces including a rooftop terrace, a health club with spa, gym and 30m outdoor pool.
We are looking for a Hostess/Greeter to work within The Ned Doha. If you have experience as a Hostess/Greeter in a busy restaurant or hotel luxury environment, and you are enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable about fresh food and good service; then we want to hear from you!
What we offer you as a Hostess/Greeter:
- One of the most competitive salaries in the country
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Amazing learning and development programs
- Discounted rates at The Ned Doha
- Fantastic career growth opportunities
A Hostess/Greeter working with us entails the following:
- To ensure that relevant grooming standards adhered to, both personally and by the team, reflecting a professional image for our guests
- To attend pre-service briefings for daily updates, ensuring tasks are followed up efficiently prior to guest’s arrival
- To ensure that tables are appropriately cleared and re-set according to reservation plans
- To greet, escort and seat the guests in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner
- To maintain cleanliness and presentation of the restaurant entrance and its surrounding
- To maintain cleanliness, presentation, and stock of the restaurant menus
- To take every reservations in a friendly and professional manner
- To follow up any special requests related to reservation
- To manage and assist the Reception/Restaurant/General Manager in controlling the flow of the guests.
- To ensure that guests are seated according to their requirements
- Log in any information about special requirements, preferences from the guests and use it to give the special touch to the service
- To collect and update guests’ database
- To maintain a clear record about past reservations
- Responsible for cash float and cashiering
- To prepare and present bills accurately
- To respond proactively to guest queries, ensuring that appropriate action is taken in the absence of the manager/assistant, followed by effective communication.
- To wish “farewell” to all guests, ensuring guest satisfaction has been reached.
- To perform all duties related to restaurant closing shifts
- Excellent knowledge of all food and beverage items served in the Restaurants
- To handle guest comments and complaints in the appropriate manner and communicate to Restaurant Management
- Previous hotel experience in a similar role
- Passionate, motivated with exceptional customer care skills
- Able to respond effectively to customer complaints ensuring the necessary information is given to the right people
- Well organised, adaptable and flexible to work varied hours
- Good level of written and spoken English