About the job
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to be part of our Technical – Workshops team as Aircraft Mechanic – Avionics Workshops in the head office in Doha.
About The Role
As an Aircraft Mechanic (Avionics Workshops), you will be responsible for performing all required work by approved technical data, QR standards and procedures; meeting the highest shop practices and safety to provide operational results as set by the unit. Responsible for the completion of any assigned tasks within framework of procedures and set timeframes by performing effectively within an environment of time constraints and a high level of technical competency.
Other Key Responsibilities Are
- Responsible for the completion of assigned tasks to provide satisfactory service to customers.
- To operate equipment or tooling relating to work area to meet time frame objectives for tasks.
- Able to interpret information over a range of normal activities to maintain satisfactory continuous operation.
- Able to predominantly continue with assigned tasks without supervision, under normal conditions. To meet set productivity standards.
- Perform other department duties related to his position as directed by the head of the department.
- Accountable to comply with the company health and safety policy.
- Ensure aircraft component rectifications are accomplished in a timely manner, to the defined QCAA/EASA PART-145 requirements and in accordance with the desired quality standards
- Responsible for the completion of any assigned tasks within frame work of procedures and set time frames.
- Perform by example to motivate team.
- All team personnel are to be made aware of any health and safety issues.
Dynamic and competent candidates to join the Avionics Workshops Department must possess the following:
- Qualification of High school, Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is essential.
- Minimum 3+ years of job-related experience in Avionics workshop
- Aircraft Maintenance experience (including apprenticeship).
- Basic ICAO Type II Licence.
- Trade-related certificates.
- At least one-year of practical experience in the technical field within a similar work area.
- Trade related reinforcement training.
- Recognized aeronautical / technical training certificates.
- Sufficient skills within work area or 1 year experience in similar workshop in a recognized airline.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of workshop fundamentals and related skills to his area of employment.
- Ability to perform most tasks and duties independently typical to area of specialty.
- Knowledge of work procedures to operate equipment to maintain satisfactory operation determining the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- English language communication skills.
- Skillful in solving problems.
- Controlling operation of equipment or systems.
- Understanding written instructions in work related documents
- Capable of handling pressure situations
- Capable of working as a team with good communication skills.
- Carrying out general maintenance needed on shop equipment.