About the job
- ldentify, develop, evaluate and optimize infrastructure project mechanical aspects/concepts including reviewing Project Development Proposal (PDP), developing statements of requirement (SORs) and preparation of Project lnitiation Note (PlN) for new capital projects to be executed under COMPANY Technical Directorate. Also, prepare and issue Work Change Request (WCR) if required in close coordination with COMPANY Engineering / asset holder during the execution of the project.
- Review and approve End-Usersffenants/lnvestors technical submissions for off-plot, onplot and port expansion developments, related to Mechanical items of work in line with COMPANY/lndustrial Cities’ Master Plan and applicable Guidelines, Standards and Regulations.
- Review and endorse Scope of Work (SOW) and technical submittals for all Engineering projects executed by COMPANY Technical Directorate to ensure lndustrial Cities requirements with regard to interfaces, tie-in connections, materials specifications, pre-commissioning and commissioning etc. are complied. Also, lnteract with COMPANY Project Department regarding implementation of Mechanical system associated with various projects in order to identify synergies between projects and for optimization.
- Review and approve Tenants/lnvestors Building Permit Technical submittals including MS & JSA, related to Mechanical items of work to be in line with lndustrial Cities’ Master Plan and applicable Guidelines, Standards and Regulations.
- Actively participate in Mechanical completion walkthrough for COMPANY projects to ensure facility is constructed as per the Scope of work and approved drawings/documents and in Operational handover / Final handover walkthrough.
- Carry out site inspections to ensure Mechanical parts of the facility built in compliance with the building permit approval. Also, site visits to resolve conflicting issues between Tenant and COMPANY Operation and Maintenance Department during utility tie-in connections and crossings.
- Coordinate/interface with COMPANY Departments, Consultants, Contractors, End Users to finalize the technical requirements/interface with other Projects, pre-commissioning, commissioning activities for the Project. Coordinates the works and schedule of various ECS and EPIC contractors working for COMPANY and End Users to resolve interface and conflict issues.
- Ensure that the technical requirements and space optimizations stated in lndustrial Cities Regulations and Guidelines are adhered by major industries and EPC contractors working in the lndustrial Cities Standards by participating in design reviews, HMOP studies, 3D Model reviews etc.
- As applicable, review and approve the Consolidated Permit to Work (e-CPW) and building permit applications for all Mechanical related activities executed by contractors / End-Users / Tenants / lnvestors in common areas and ensure compliance with COMPANY requirements.
- Technically contribute to the review of existing procedures, regulations and guidelines related to the Development, Planning and Engineering and recommend amendments. Contribute in the development and implementation of new “Technical Guidelines” for use by End-Users/Tenants and COMPANY Projects.
- internationally recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the mechanical design/construction of onshore plant and facilities related to Oil & Gas and petrochemical industry. Shall have hands-on experience in the design, detail engineering, equipment layout, piping general arrangement, equipment mechanical data sheets and review of P&lD.
- Exposure and experience in project lifecycle and project management with high supervisory skills;
- Exposure to international experience and an appreciation of cultural sensitivities.
- Strong “team player” attitude and comfort in working with a broad range of external parties.
- Excellent oral and written English, combined with strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, exercising a high degree of self-motivation and discipline.
- Ability to work using strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Must have ability to take quick decisions when dealing with complex issues with creative thinking to resolve problems,
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (including MS Project), SAP and other integrated Mechanical Design/Application Software.