About the job
You will work closely with local country CEO and Regional Head of P&O as P&O Head in Siemens Qatar & Bahrain to support the in-country business in all P&O aspects and to develop and drive forward local P&O initiatives.
What are the responsibilities for the role?
- You’re the face of our people values in Qatar & Bahrain; a role model of Siemens core company beliefs, and company values – this inspires and strengthen our Siemens community.
- You drive setting the tone and positioning of culture at scale within the organization using a growth mindset and solution-oriented approach and advocate for this with all team members of Siemens.
- You are a natural ‘people person’ able to develop and maintain trusted relationships, credibility, and influence, via remote working arrangements (we work as distributed teams across the region/globe).
- Responsible for all People Management (‘PM’) relations within the local organizations and authorities.
- Responsible for the implementation of people policies and guidelines and apply these to local regulations and requirements.
- Develop People Strategy in line with Business requirements and Global People Strategy and deliverables and ensure local implementation. Drive the strategy in alignment with the Business Units and the CEO.
- Execute and accept responsibility for local implementation of effective People Programs (e.g. recruiting, people development and training, compensation & benefits implementation, organizational development, and change), which are derived from people strategy on regional and global level.
- Advises business management regarding general PM topics, processes, and compliance issues, based on local regulations.
- Responsibility to execute workforce demands (ramp up/downs, project mobilization, new projects etc.). Ensure country regulations are in place to execute workforce demands.
- Responsibility to develop country talent pipelines. Actively support local management to make country talents visible on a regional and global level. Act as a first point of contact for talent pipeline in country and execute P&O through the relevant People Expert teams.
- Ensure consistency with overall internal policy guidelines and respective labor law regulations.
- Assemble Project (agile) teams to deal with implementing specific PM or business projects.
- Interface between country/region and vertical organization – advise country heads and management regarding globally relevant people topics.
- Contributes to development, deploys, and ensures implementation of BU People Strategy.
- Responsible for the management of our Global Business Solution teams deliverables and their level of service to the organization.
- Drive the Siemens brand externally in the market by closely working with the Communications Team. Work on the local internship program for Qatar with local Universities.
- Supports individuals coaching as well as manages the development and performance of the P&O local team.
Your Leadership – Empowerment & Growth Mindset
We hire leaders who add to our culture and have one crucial thing in common – they are committed to the growth of our people and Siemens Middle East.
To lead in Siemens Middle East, leaders must develop and nurture a team environment to create high performing teams. This includes:
- Work and culture anchored to Siemens’ four strategic priorities: Customer Impact, Empowered People, Growth Mindset, Technology with Purpose
- Team spirit and commitment to the wider Siemens ecosystem and communities
- Clarity and accountability in goals, roles and responsibilities
- Strengths-based working culture
- Strive for diversity (gender, culture, ethnicity, mindset, age, social background, (dis)ability), inclusion, equity that best fits the business goals and team
- Psychological safety and high levels of trust
- Strong communication; through the good times and the not-so-good
- Environment committed to excellence, learning and growth
- Focus on output and achievement
What do I need to qualify?
- Completed Degree in P&O or Business Management from Reputable University
- You have a 10 years P&O/People Management experience in similar function from international company/ organization
- Good knowledge of local labor laws is essential
- Fluent business English is mandatory
- Strong Leadership experience with people and stakeholder management accountability, demonstrating presence and gravitas.
- You are well experienced leading and influencing larger, diverse, and multidisciplinary groups
- You can build bridges and integrate as well as coach teams
- Good knowledge of Siemens business and its strategy. This includes a general understanding of the external world and its implications on the business and people strategy (e.g. industries, markets, customers, P&O/PM, people practice etc.)
- Clear experience in successfully aligning the people agenda to the wider business strategy
- Ability to work closely with senior executives, effectively communicating with them on a range of commercial, strategic, and operational business issues
- Ability to multitask various requests from strategic issues to operational P&O.
- High level of intercultural sensitivity and the ability to deal confidentially and professionally with senior managers in numerous countries
- Fast learner and proactive ensuring that P&O issues are swiftly resolved by aligning with impacted stakeholders