About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Landscape Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform assigned tasks to review, supervise the works of landscape specially the soft scape (planting works) and irrigation construction works.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Direct, supervise, and coordinate construction activities/works to achieve construction in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team and lead the construction supervision team.
- Manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
- Act as the point of contact for Contractors.
- Monitor progress against the accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Assess the progress and inform the PM and the client in case of delay.
- Review shop drawings against the IFC drawings and make necessary proposals as per site requirements.
- Propose solutions to the specified construction/design issues.
- Provide claims analysis support, including dispute resolution.
- Participate in contract close-out activities.
- Coordinate with all concerned parties on all construction and design issues.
- Monitor the Contractor’s performance and report issues, status and progress of works on site.
- Monitor and report on deficiencies related to planned resources.
- Review Contractor’s progress reports.
- Assess progress on site and prepare reports to be submitted to the client.
- Set and monitor duration of submittal review and approval of shop drawings, material submittals, etc.
- Monitor and manage the as built records.
- Fully accountable and responsible for ensuring the Project Safety Plan (PSP) is in place and functioning from the beginning of the project; participates in PSP development. Ensure that all Parsons Project based employees work safely and in accordance with the PSP.
- Monitor and coordinate all matters between contractors and all concerned Authorities.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil, Agricultural, Horticulture or Landscape Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in landscape/Irrigation construction supervision work in infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of Automatic Irrigation systems, Irrigation Networks, Pumping stations, and Landscaping – hardscape and softscape works is a must.
- Must possess the ability to read and enforce working drawings and related specifications.
- Computer literacy and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.