About the job
The Hotel Assistant Manager oversees the Front Office operations and acts as the manager on duty in the hotel when senior managers are not available. They direct staff that performs the following duties: welcomes and registers hotel guests, explain the Rooms and establish credit or method of payment. Checks guest out of the hotel, prepare and explain the bill. They oversees the guest services department which welcomes and assists our guests by welcoming them and providing luggage assistance and an orientation of the hotel. They provide personalized restaurant and entertainment recommendations based on extensive knowledge of the area.
They have the ability to oversee multiple operational departments in the absence of management presence. They respond to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing their needs by adding personal recommendations to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies. The Hotel Assistant Manager complies with any additional requests that may arise pertaining to Front Office duties.
- Oversees the Front Desk operations and responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests.
- Direct and control the activities of the Front Office, Telephone, Concierge, and Departments in order to ensure adherence to Four Seasons standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure a smooth operation of registration and cashiering functions of the Front Office.
- The ability to direct all activities of the Assistant Managers and Night Assistant Manager to ensure communication and follow-up on any problems, guest requests, special requirements, etc.
- Discipline staff in accordance with Four Seasons policy and conduct performance reviews as scheduled.
- Review daily arrivals, VIPs, special request, group needs, room assignments and coordinates with Housekeeping Department the needs of guests.
- Escort VIP and return guests to their rooms.
- Keep the Rooms Division and Front Office Manager in all activities of Front Office, Telephone, and Concierge Departments.
- Handle guest complaints and keep management informed as necessary.
- Keep all personnel informed of information, policies and procedures relative to their areas and the hotel in general.
- Ensure maximization of revenues and control of expenses in all areas under control.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Preferred experience in a luxury hotel in a similar role.
- At least 2 years of similar experience in a luxury hotel setting is required.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must have full flexibility in schedule.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and daytime.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills
- Arabic language is an advantage