About the job
Supports the Head, Project Control and Services with on-time delivery of vendor documentation, engineered equipment and bulk materials.
Oversee, monitor, and report EPIC Contractor’s procurement processes from Material Requisition, Tendering/Award, PO, manufacturing, and logistics for timely delivery of equipment and bulks to various work sites.
Monitors the progress of engineered equipment and/or bulk materials Purchase Orders placed by the EPIC Contractor from order placement to delivery.
- Pursues all action necessary to detect and avoid late delivery of vendor documentation, engineered equipment and bulk materials.
- Review vendor production schedules, monitors vendor workload and status of sub-vendor orders. Anticipates delays and bottlenecks and works with vendor to resolve problems when identified.
- Participates and contributes to EPIC Contractor telephone calls with major vendors and suppliers to monitor progress (actual vs planned) and provides EPIC Contractor with assistance in addressing areas of concern.
- Through liaison with the planning Dept, monitors and advises EPIC Contractor on vendor shipments of engineered equipment and bulk materials in sequence with field construction requirements.
- Expedites EPIC Contractor for timely submission of SPIR forms, SAP entries and timely delivery of Commissioning and First Year Operating Spares, in collaboration with procurement and Operations departments, end users and warehousing.
- Provides PMT Management with timely, effective, and efficient reporting of vendor documentation submittals and engineered equipment and bulk material deliveries.
- Coordinates and supports other PMT departments – QAQC, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning where necessary.
- Implement the elements of management system applicable to your function.
- Undertake familiarization with Project and discipline specific inspection documentation to ensure understanding of contract requirements and implementation during project execution,
- Familiar with international Codes, Standards and Regularities (e.g. INCOTERMS, Shell DEPs, etc.).
- The position will be required to perform vendor shop and supplier site visits with EPIC Contractor representatives for inspections, schedule analysis, resolution of issues, audits, etc.
- Engineering and / or Business degree and /or diploma with experience in the oil and gas industry in multi-discipline engineering, procurement, and construction environments.
- Preferably having formal training in supply chain, logistics and membership with a recognized chartered or other professional institution.
- 10 years’ experience as a degree holder or 12 years’ experience as a diploma holder in a similar position in Oil & Gas sector.
- Experience in GCC is desirable.
- Previous working experience with Chinese companies as well as Chinese language (Mandarin) knowledge is a plus.
- The candidate should have sound working knowledge on materials for offshore platforms and subsea pipelines.
- In-depth understanding of schedule development and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to resolve complex problems that have implications beyond procurement.
- Duties are normally complex and varied and require the ability to work well with EPIC
- Contractor’s personnel as part of Company PMT at all levels in a multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
- The position will be initiated at EPIC Contractor’s Engineering home office, then proceed to the fabrication yard for monitoring EPIC Contractor’s receipt, inspection, preservation, and material allocation activities.