About the job
The incumbent will perform activities regarding Data Privacy across Doha Bank, in line with policies, procedures and applicable Data Privacy laws and regulations. The incumbent will support in development and implementation of the bank’s Data Privacy Program, ensure data compliance through relevant mechanism, and impart staff training in close coordination with the relevant stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform all operational activities as assigned by the reporting authority, in compliance with local regulations, Doha Bank’s policies and units/departments approved policies and procedures.
• Support in the development and implementation of the bank’s Data Privacy framework, and program by relevant Data Privacy laws and regulations.
• Work closely with the respective stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable Data Privacy laws and regulations for the bank.
• Prepare Data Privacy policies, procedures & notices and perform annual review of these documents for their compliance to legal, regulatory and organizational updates.
• Work closely with the relevant stakeholders in the implementation of the Data Privacy policies, procedures and notices across the Bank.
• Assist the Privacy Champions and IT Application Managers in maintenance of Record of Processing Activities and Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs).
• Perform Data Privacy Impact Assessment of the bank’s business process and IT applications processing personal data of the staff, customers, vendors, etc.
• Establish a mechanism to identify, assess, remediate, monitor, and report (as applicable) on privacy risks and incidents and perform systematic audits.
• Review and provide feedback Data Privacy requests and queries such as but not limited to customer rights fulfillment, data sharing, etc.
• Conduct monthly Data Privacy awareness training and periodic communications to the staff.
• Assist in preparing and implementing the Data Privacy strategy as part of the Information Security strategy of the bank.
• Maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as leading practices about the overall operations of the section.
• Support reporting authority in on-ground implementation of the procedural control measures identified through audit, risk and compliance observations
Education, Experience and Skills Required
• University graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or any other related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities in the specific area of discipline.
• Previous experience in Data Privacy /Data Protection or data compliance in the financial services industry.