About the job
The Student Experience Coordinator at Northwestern in Qatar will play a vital role in enhancing the overall student experience at NU-Q. This position will research, develop, and deliver a variety of holistic student enrichment programs to creatively engage the wider student body and increase awareness of and participation in co-curricular initiatives. This position employs industry-leading tactics and internal data to ensure that students at Northwestern Qatar have access to co-curricular activities leading to successful lives through their education journey and beyond.
Design and implement co-curricular programming to develop students’ skills and enhance community building.
Employ leadership framework to advise and mentor student organization officers and facilitate intra-student collaboration on- and off-campus.
Coordinate and execute large-scale departmental activities on- and off-campus.
Liaise with counterparts from The Qatar Foundation and other external providers to deliver seamless support and services to pertinent student populations.
Coordinate focus groups and implement surveys to monitor trends and success rates of student life initiatives.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years in higher education or related field
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven to be able to both effectively navigate and effectively build relationships in an international, multicultural academic environment with an extremely varied clientele.
- Advanced computer skills with standard tools such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well within a diverse community
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- Master’s degree in journalism, communication, higher education, or a related field
- Experience working in an international field
- Arabic language skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of TerraDotta or similar database systems