About the job
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
- The ability to provide service and repairs as outlined in the Technical Skills List, depending on grade level, for electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC, refrigeration, interior, paint and decorating problems.
- The ability to lubricate machinery regularly.
- The ability to provide machinist work to all equipment such as replacing and repairing bearings, gears, belts, shafts, control mechanisms, etc.
- The ability to conduct oneself professionally at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels.
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
- The ability to handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to maintain and re-lamp all lamps in the hotel, including socket repair and replacement.
- The ability to install electrical wiring for renovations, electrical outlet additions, motors and associated equipment.
- The ability to provide preventive maintenance of all electrical equipment and updating of appropriate logs.
- The ability to clean all stations in Engineering and maintain a neat and organized department.
- The ability to adjust and clean televisions.
- The ability to respond to all guest complaints regarding the maintenance of their room or public areas promptly.
- The ability to perform preventive maintenance in guest rooms and public areas.
- The ability to assist on all plumbing stoppages in the building.
- The ability to repair an assortment of items brought to the shop by other departments.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- This position requires an applicant with general food knowledge. Candidates must have good personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to perform this position to Four Seasons Standards is required.
- The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and a can-do approach to any task!
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.