About the job
As a Heavy-Duty Driver assist with Customs clearance and transportation of air shipments with the use of heavy-duty vehicles to ensure smooth and efficient operation. To purchase and deliver all Ad hoc food and non-food orders from various local outlets to QACC safety and concerning Food Safe regulations.
- Assists cargo team necessary for clearance of air shipments.
- Transports consignments from Cargo to In-flight Catering facility.
- Operates a Heavy-Duty vehicle with full adherence to road safety requirements.
- Performs primary daily safety checks to ensure the roadworthiness of vehicles.
- Purchases all Ad hoc food and non-food orders from various local outlets on a cash basis to ensure cost-efficient and timely procurement.
- Transports purchases concerning all relevant food safety requirements.
- Carries our primary checks on quality, quantities, and expiry dates of the purchases to ensure all relevant requirements are fulfilled.
- Sources the requested products as per specifications throughout different outlets to fulfil the orders as per specifications received from Purchasing Agents.
- Receives and accounts for cash necessary for cash purchases.
- Preform other department duties related to his/her position as directed b the Head of the Department.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with No experience. High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 1 years of job-related experience
- Good spoken and written English.
- Good Driving skills.
- Clean driver’s license
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Effective coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of local routes in Doha and surrounding areas.
- Knowledge of Arabic language.
- Familiarity with Customs procedures.
- Basic understanding of Food Safe Requirements