About the job
As Senior Security Agent, you will be responsible for effectively supporting the line manager in maintaining security performance standards of Qatar Airways and its subsidiary staff and contractors by meeting the specifications stipulated by VP Security to protect QR property and equipment against unlawful interference, theft and damage.
You will ensure security compliance and day-to-day security operations at the airport and Group Subsidiaries ensuring adherence to the Aircraft Operator Security Program and applicable security policies. Representing the correct image of QR Security and Qatar Airways.
- Protect Qatar Airways people, property and facilities against unlawful interference, theft, and damage by performing regular security checks.
- Perform aircraft security search and access control duties for selected flights including cabin cockpit, cargo hold and aircraft exterior.
- Conduct system profiling to identify high-risk destination flights. Identify passengers with fraudulent, dubious and inadequate travel documents. Perform the role of a “Security Document Advisor” to identify suspicious signs within passenger information and maintain the flight profiling tracker for reference.
- Carry out travel document checks including but not limited to complex passport and visa forgery detection and security procedures at Hamad International Airport to avoid fines being imposed by immigration authorities for inadequately documented passengers.
- Assist QR staff and monitor QR ground staff regarding security and administration matters to be consistent with rules and regulations of QR Security directives and procedures.
- By HR policy, conduct unannounced Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) at HIA and corporate offices to safeguard employees’ well-being and ensure the highest standards of employee safety, productivity, reliability and efficiency in QR Group operations, as well as maintain an alcohol-free workplace.
- As and when required, conduct and carry out the right of search as authorized.
- Monitor emails and telex messages and allocate staff to carry out specific tasks such as Valuable/Vulnerable Cargo and weapons escorts.
- Control access to CCTV room, and conduct CCTV and ACS monitoring and assist with CCTV aided operational reviews and investigations.
- Carry out programming of locking systems for flight deck and crew rest compartment doors (FCDLS) on QR aircrafts.
- Escalate any security-related incidents to management and have the ability to initiate actions to deal with and report incidents.
- Make initial enquires and reports related to loss and damage. Handle lost property left behind by passengers (mobile phones, jewelry, money, etc.) ensuring safe restoration to our customers.
- Take measures to protect interest of QR avoiding unlawful acts of interference, vandalism, thefts and fines at HIA and other Qatar Airways Group Facilities.
- Maintain regular contact with Immigration authorities, Airport Security, MOI, Airline Liaison Officers and Contractors of Qatar Airways to ensure levels of protection and services are maintained at highest standards to protect revenue.
- Liaise and coordinate with external agencies and authorities about security matters relating to Qatar Airways. Liaise and coordinate with external agencies like, SSB, CID, MOI, Immigration, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Transportation and Security Administration (TSA), other Embassies and liaison authorities daily about matters relating to Security and protection of assets.
- Support line manager in supervising security service providers at HIA or Qatar Airways Group Facilities.
An ideal candidate will meet below qualifications and experience:
- High School Qualification / Diploma or Equivalent or Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in general security and/or experience in customer services is preferred
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge of basic airport and security procedures
- Basic knowledge of aviation laws
- Knowledge of customer service procedures and standards
- Knowledge of IATA principles and standards relating to security
- Basic knowledge of security technology and systems
- Ability to work at times in isolation and make measured and calculated decisions based on knowledge, experience and common sense to ensure the safety and security of staff and assets
- Ability to carry out the duties under the scrutiny of other staff or passengers
- Able to diligently report on incidents
- Proficiency of English
- Operational experience in Aviation Security
- Experience in Airline Security
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Expected to familiarize myself with all aspects of the company’s organization, its activities and its personnel
- Proficiency in Arabic