About the job
This is an exciting time to be part of GEMS Wellington School – Qatar (WSQ). Due to the continued growth, success and ambitious nature of the school, we are delighted to be looking for a dynamic, hard-working and talented individual to join our Secondary Science team.
This opportunity is ideally suited to someone with the skills, passion and creativity to contribute to an inclusive, high-performing Science department across the secondary school. Candidates should have a passion for all Science with a Biology specialism and a proven track record of outstanding practice. They must possess a commitment to helping our students achieve their maximum potential and it is desirable to have experience teaching Biology at A-Level.
Wellington School is one of the leading British curriculum schools in Qatar and part of the Premium GEMS Wellington brand. We firmly believe, as a truly inclusive school, that every child can achieve, reinforced by our commitment to the High-Performance Learning philosophy (HPL). As a community, we have very high expectations for all and strive for excellence in all we do.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a vocational and inspirational educator who supports an inclusive learning environment, with the ability to raise standards for all students
- Be knowledgeable of and confident in the use of proven, effective teaching and learning methodologies, yet with the ability to ‘think outside of the box’ and be open to new approaches
- Be fully committed to our high-performance learning philosophy (HPL) and the notion that every student can achieve
- Have extremely high standards and expectations for all, and be able to work effectively under pressure with excellence as the primary goal
- Be aspirational for themselves and their own development and career progression
- Believe strongly in and fully support the wider extracurricular life of the school to develop fully rounded students
- Be an effective team player with the ability to maintain a sense of perspective and humour.
As a GEMS employee you can be guaranteed of an excellent, well-resourced professional environment, including working alongside highly driven, committed colleagues and fabulously polite and dedicated students. You will have access to significant further professional development opportunities not only at school level but also as part of the wider GEMS Wellington cluster and GEMS network.
Qualifications and Experience – The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience. They will also have an appropriate teaching degree and Qualified Teacher Status.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application, submitting your full CV along with a Letter of Application covering the 3 points below (Approx 1 side A4):
- Why you believe that you have the skills, experience and attributes for this role
- How your educational philosophy and aspirational mindset align to the school’s vision
- Other skills, interests or passions that you can bring to further add value to our team and /or contribute to the school improvement plan (see attached document)
The deadline for applications is 22nd December 2023. The post is to commence in August 2024.