About the job
About The Role
We are currently recruiting for Sous Chef for one of the most dynamic and exciting leisure venues in Doha. West Bay Beach, under the management of Discover Qatar, comprises 3 absolute beachfront fully licensed venues.
- Doha Sands is an exclusive and private beach club for in-house guests staying at participating West Bay hotels
- The Bistro; a fully licensed restaurant, opens from 7 am until midnight with a capacity of 200, serving light casual meals and also catering for special events, movie and sports event screenings and private groups.
- B12 Beach Club, Qatar’s largest private beach club features the largest inflatable in the country, a range of international food and beverage outlets, general admission and VIP sections, a resident DJ and popular weekend brunches.
You will be responsible for providing professional service to our Guests, ensuring their visit becomes a memorable dining experience. Serve the food and beverages to the guests in a professional, discreet and personalized way and ensure excellent quality service as per Hotel standard operating procedure.
Other Key Responsibilities Are
- Perform all necessary tasks to service Food & Beverage according to the standard of performance manual of WBB
- Greet all customers and serve them in a professional, discreet & personalized way
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Food & Beverage menu of the assigned outlet to assist and provide advice to Guests
- Consistently monitor the quality of Food & Beverage being served by taking regular guest feedback and sharing the feedback with the department head.
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints/queries satisfactorily
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards in the outlet & upkeep of all service equipment
- Ensure guest payment details are dealt with as per the PCI requirements.
- Responsible for all service preparations before, during & after the service (mis-en-place & mis-en-scene)
- Actively use up-selling techniques to increase revenue and exceed Guest expectations by providing world-class service
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the health and safety policies and procedures of WBB.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with no prior job-related experience or High school qualifications with a minimum 1 year of job-related experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred