About the job
We are currently recruiting for Stewarding and Hygiene Manager for one of the most dynamic and exciting leisure venues in Doha. West Bay beach, under the management of Discover Qatar, comprises 3 absolute beachfront fully licensed venues;
- Doha Sands, an exclusive and private beach club for in house guests staying at participating West Bay hotels.
- The Bistro; a fully licensed restaurant, open from 7am until midnight with a capacity of 200, serving light casual meals and also catering for special events, movie and sports event screenings and private groups.
- B12 Beach Club, Qatar’s largest private beach club featuring the largest inflatable in the country, a range of international food and beverage outlets, general admission and VIP sections, a resident DJ and popular weekend brunches.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing hygiene and cleaning department with an efficient team of cleaning staff and provide a high standard of cleaning service. Develop and implement effective hygiene manual & training module to ensure Food safety, Hygiene standard & Safety measure is maintained.
Other Key Responsibilities Are
- Ensure a continuous clean, safe and hygienic environment is maintained by using highly sophisticated technical equipment’s and well-trained manpower.
- Organize a team to deliver constant supply of clean equipment and maintain hygiene.
- Organize regular supply of approved protective clothing that is mandatory requirement for food safety e.g. disposable gloves, apron, arm sleeves, caps, chemicals and sanitized kitchen equipment’s to user departments.
- Responsible for identifying and imparting training and developments within department
- Ensure effective pest control is carried out in coordination with the outsourced pest control contract staff.
- Responsible for proper documentation & record of cleaning materials stocks and monthly inventory.
- Coordinate with maintenance on escalating daily maintenance issues arising in operational areas, Annual Maintenance contract for cleaning Machinery Production and Operations on daily activities.
- Various imported and modern machinery is used in the kitchen premises that may malfunction. There will be issues related to damage of floor, ceiling, wall, water pipeline, leakage etc. noticed during cleaning that need to be reported to maintenance and follow up till completed.
- Ensure cleaning staff awareness of any relevant risk assessments, material safety data sheets (MSDS) and or training required in advance of undertaking any cleaning task.
- To allocate cleaning tasks and responsibilities to cleaners to enable all cleaning to be carried out in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of clean and sanitized equipment for kitchen operation.
- Maintain all necessary documentation & record of cleaning materials stocks and place periodical orders after necessary approval from cleaning supervisor.
- Adhere to provided Hygiene & Safety guidelines and instructions.
- Ensure regular periodical maintenance of cleaning equipment is carried out by cleaning staff and that identified faults are rectified in coordination with maintenance.
- Coordinate effectively with purchase for smooth supply of chemicals and budgeted equipment’s. Work closely with Procurement in identifying effective chemicals without a direct effect on increasing cost. Identify efficient & cost-effective cleaning tools and machinery to save manpower.
- Assist in maintaining HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) documentation.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of similar experience
- Knowledge & handling of cleaning chemicals, sensitive and sophisticated production equipment’s, machineries and cleaning tools