About the job
- Ensure the provision of a safe and environmentally compliant work environment for all Company and Contractor personnel across Company Facilities.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Support the Company pillar of Safety, Health and Environmental performance at all times.
- Operates in a plant environment to protect employees and protect company assets at all times
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Ensures that safety equipment and facilities are kept in working order by developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs and associated procedures.
- Ensures regular inspection, testing and maintenance of all fixed and portable safety equipment within an assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in developing and conducting training programs in SEQ related principles and practices; facilitate onboarding of new employees, visitors and short service contractors offshore.
- Monitors and facilitates the activities of maintenance and construction crews carrying out work under the permit-to-work system to ensure SEQ compliance.
Key Job Accountabilities – II
- Advise and assist in incident control during major accidents or emergencies on site; plan and conduct Emergency response team drills.
- Facilitate incident investigation and prepare assessments and reports; steward HSE data and KPIs for the Asset.
- Provides work direction to safety, environment and quality technicians to ensure work requirements are met within necessary standards.
- Coordinate the allocation of adequate stock of safety and emergency equipment and protective clothing are available at all times.
Key Job Accountabilities – III
- Advise in formulating, developing and implementing safety programs, recommend improvements and ensure the availability of all safety documentation.
- Facilitate Safety Observations / IIF program and cascading of periodic safety campaigns.
- Maintain a safety walk, inspection and audit program to assure compliance with QG HSEQ policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Science or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience – I
- 6 years’ varied experience in safety operations within the oil and gas industry.