About the job
About The Role
We believe that success starts with exceptional people. We are on the lookout for a visionary and dynamic person to join us as the Manager Airfield Pavement Maintenance.
- Develop and promote collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, through regular and effective communication forums, to ensure departmental objectives, KPIs and targets are aligned with their requirements and any challenges/opportunities are quickly addressed.
- Accountable for the management overview for preventive/corrective maintenance of all airfield assets as per Strategic Asset Management Plan to ensure all assets remain in a serviceable condition with minimal downtime.
- Validate that the preventive maintenance program for all airfield works is implemented as per schedule through on-site supervision and inspections to ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and in compliance with QCAR Regulations of Qatar Civil Aviation.
- Ensure all corrective maintenance tasks are attended to as per the stipulated KPIs through ongoing supervision and performance monitoring of the in-house team and contractors. Carry out audits to assess the business continuity risks and propose any mitigation required to eliminate operational disruptions.
- Developing maintenance plans and schedules to ensure the airfield remains safe and operational without disrupting flight operations.
- Collaborating with other airport departments, maintenance teams, and contractors to execute repair projects efficiently.
- Monitor contractor’s performance by reviewing of Quality Audits, Resource Utilization data, Preventative Maintenance Plans, procedures, checklists and asset lists for Asset Performance Improvement. Oversee the progress of works concerning time, quality and performance of the contractors by generating regular reports for Management
- Review all project submittals promptly by checking for compliance with contract documentation to ensure project requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through the provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high-quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent with a Minimum 8 years of job-related experience
Must be well versed with ICAO SARPs, FAA requirements and QCAR Regulations of Qatar Civil Aviation.
Airport experience in airfield maintenance systems about airfield maintenance and operations.