About the job
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, ensures total coverage of local, regional and international market
- Inspires, leads and manages sales team by establishing a strong drive for results culture, communicating targets and strategies and providing frequent feedback where necessary to manage performance
- Supports the Director of Sales in all aspects of running the office and team smoothly
- Ensures all requests are handled by the team in the time frame set by the company
- Supports customer loyalty and property’s brand standards by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Services our customers to grow their share of the account
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members to gain a full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
- Ensures an excellent working relationship with all colleagues within the hotel
- Builds, maintains and develops working relationships with all MO Regional Sales Offices
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment within Sales and Banqueting
- A minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Arabic speaking is a must
- Strong network with local Ministries and Corporate accounts
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze financial statements, revenue reports and market data
- Effectively develop, implement, monitor and control strategies and goals
- Able to train, manage, motivate and develop all direct reports to ensure the successful execution of revenue maximization efforts