About the job
A Graphic Designer is responsible for the production of posters, promotional videos, printed materials and other products related to design, ensuring that the products meet design standards in advertising. A Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation & production of all graphic works, ensuring alignment with Waldorf Astoria brand.
What will I be doing?
Responsible for the creation & execution of graphic & visual works, utilizing relevant computer software. Create appealing visuals in keeping with the established Hilton brand standards and the hotel’s style in different mediums, and fulfill the various needs across the hotel (restaurants, spa, etc.) as required. Assist the Director of Marketing with the creation of creative commercial works, including but not limited to specific market collateral and artwork that represents the Brand, and depicts the unified and distinct visual style of the hotel.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks at the highest standards:
- Create appealing and aesthetically pleasing visuals that are reflective of the hotel’s style, keeping with Waldorf Astoria brand standards and advertising guidelines.
- Create a clear and defined perception in the mind of both internal and external guests of the hotel through the use of different visual and non-visual mediums.
- Aware of all recent market trends and assess competitors by competitive analysis and positioning. Is constantly aware of new advancements in visual mediums and computer assisted graphics programs; keeping self-abreast of the developments and utilizing developments to their fullest potential.
- Is aware of the hotels distinct style and maintains established standards of copy and visual images across all mediums and assigned tasks.
- Create marketing collateral that gives tangible clues as to the intangible services and products of the hotel, through visual images and copy; accurately representing the brand.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Determine & tailor all works’ size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy to their intended platforms & use
- Master computer software required for the generation & execution of visual content (images & video)
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Produce still and animated graphics for videography use, using electronic video equipment.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork
What are we looking for?
- Technically skilled in Adobe tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Thinking Creatively — Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Mastering computer use — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working in a similar role in a Luxury brand within the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of the Local market