About the job
Scope and Objectives
- Responsible for managing the Accounting Department staff and activities ensuring that all routines and reporting procedures are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Review the final input into the general ledger from the various sources, to identify and reconcile the items affecting the balance sheet and to report on the financial results as required.
- Assist and support the Hotel Financial Controller in maintaining control over income expenses, assets and liabilities of the Hotel. Liaise closely with other Department heads to ensure financial information is received/or distributed on a timely basis.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
Core Work Activities
- Interact with department and Hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way communication.
- Attend the daily administration of the accounting office and identify and resolve problems in conjunction with respective members of staff.
- Liaise with other Department Heads regarding their performance against budget and provide them with information and training as required.
- Participate in the taking of all inventories and verification of extensions.
- Review and verify accounts payable input and output, accounts receivable posting and billing.
- Maintain cash control over receipts, house banks, bank account reconciliation and submitting required data to the Home Office.
Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges:
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Auditing and Reconciliation – The ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash) to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- General Finance and Accounting – The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.
- Analysis – The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets as well as analyze and summarize financial data using appropriate financial software.
- Accounting Knowledge – Knowledge of general accounting principles and current company accounting policies and procedures.
- Accounting and Internal Control Knowledge – Knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accor International Policies,
- Legal – Ability to read and understand basic contract elements, e.g. royalty fees, management agreement, terms, priorities and profit distribution.
- Auditing Skills – The ability to perform auditing procedures, including the ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data.
- Payroll Systems – Knowledge of local payroll reporting and tax requirements, ability to effectively record wages/tax liabilities, and operate payroll software applications, including understanding the features and functions of the applications.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable – Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, including knowledge of sub ledger reconciliation and controls.
Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities:
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-year experience as Assistant Director Finance in 5 Star Hotel
- High level of IT understanding.
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently