About the job
We are currently looking Shop Helper to work within Qatar Distribution Company.
Performs any combination of following shop floor duties, such as stock movement, and storage of stock thus ensuring that sales opportunities can be maximized whilst shortages, breakages and other materials handling costs are kept to an absolute minimum. It includes providing exceptional customer service via packing and trolley collection duties
- Maintain efficient shelf filling to ensure constant stock availability in the shop.
- Assist in the timely preparation of items requested by the various departments for issuance.
- Assist Sales Assistant in packing the order of customer purchases and ensure deliver first-class customer services at all the times.
- Report any damage, shortage, breakage of the product to Shop Supervisor/Manager in timely manner.
- Undertake good inward task ensuring that all stock receipts are palletized safely in accordance with safety guidelines, correctly labelled and bar coded and correctly handled.
- Accurate and efficient order picking for On Trade order to ensure goods ready when required.
- Assist in stock inventory by performing correct and accurate date according to inventory list.
- Clean the shop area if necessary to ensure shop area in safety and hygiene standards.
- Collect and arrange trolley in parking area, and ensuring it constantly available at all the times.
- Be presentable, well mannered, helpful and courteous while dealing with customer.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Highschool qualification
- Minimum 2 years job related experience
- Experience in material handling experience in similar retail or warehouse operation with high density racking and palletized stock.
- Must be physically fit and capable of handling heavy loads
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language