About the job
WHP Telecommunication Engineer Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available are unmatched in the industry.
Airswift is seeking for WHP Telecommunication Engineer to work in Qatar with a major Oil and gas Company.
- Degree in Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer literate, especially in Telecommunication engineering software and AVEVA Instrumentation.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
Ensure the Engineering Dossier is delivered with a robust Telecommunication engineering definition and fit-for-purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of the project’s standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure and coordinate the proper realization of the Telecommunication design in compliance with the standard, project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety
- Challenge EPCIC Contractor on the proposed design, and oversee the development of the Telecommunication design including, Telecommunication Philosophy and design basis, telecom architecture, PAGA, LAN and Radio system design, CCTV design, telecom cable layout/schedule, schematic drawings, tie-in list, etc.
- Promote field technical optimization/cost savings, ensuring first that they are compliant with the project schedule and the contracts, liaising with the Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Promote alternatives for Telecom design in a brownfield environment to reduce and optimise the weight & duration of the offshore installation
- Identify Telecommunication engineering technical decisions to be made. Define and manage a clear way forward for these decisions to be made and report to the Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Contribute to the proper realization of the identification of and specification of the LLI
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines, especially with the cyber security team on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback/lessons learned from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance.
- Assist in planning and preparation of Telecommunication discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor
- Support procurement engineering including TBEs and vendor documents review, and assist in manufacture site visit
- Support fabrication and construction engineering on review of engineering documents, modification approval, and non-conformity reviews and assist in closer of punch lists
- Support project during installation and hookup stage and review/approval work-pack, review of red-marks
Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project Telecommunication discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge of the design to achieve an optimized and fit-for-purpose outcome
- Ensure project documents related to the Telecommunication discipline are reviewed and commented on in a timely manner and in accordance with the standards, project specifications and contractual requirements.
- Review Telecom Studies (PAGA Sound Coverage, Radio Coverage, CCTV Coverage, Telecom Mast, Fibre Optic Link Budget, etc.
- Identify any optimization/improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, and promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit-for-purpose design to reduce and optimize planning and costs,
- Coordinate and issue project responses to contractors’ and vendors’ requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Identify the protentional deviations/derogations to the project and assist in the preparation of the deviation package
- Consult E&C department to Telecommunication derogation requests and interface with relevant TRP to secure needed approvals
- Review of final project documentation including final dossiers and as-built drawings.
Assisting with project studies and meetings related to the Telecommunication discipline as per project-approved gate levels and design maturity
- Assist in defining, following up and evaluating the Telecommunication discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors, and ensure the studies are completed as per approved project gate and maturity.
- Assist in preparation and attend to project studies including model review, HAZID, HAZOP, constructability review, PRs.
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, HAZID, etc.…).
- Assist in DVT, FAT, IFAVT, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up activities for project telecom systems
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering progress reports detailing Telecommunication discipline progress across schedules. risks and technical issues to ensure accurate and timely information available to the Package Management Team
Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the Telecommunication discipline, conducting initial impact assessment to provide detailed information to the Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Identify potential engineering scope change related to the Telecommunication discipline, and carry out initial technical assessment in order to provide accurate information to the Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Ensure the design follows the approved SOR, the basis of design and project standards, and capture and manage any changes as per the project change management plan.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, in the Telecommunication field in offshore Oil and Gas industry.