About the job
An Income Auditor reviews, analyzes, and recommends improvements to the daily financial reports and process to improve accuracy and efficiency.
What will I be doing?
As Income Auditor, you will monitor all transactions as they contribute to or detract hotel revenue. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Carry out daily checks of revenue via an Operations Audit as per hotel standards
- Reconcile and monitor commissions, housekeeper and rate discrepancies, and Conference and Banqueting Revenue against daily function sheets
- Check non-arrivals, late departures, no sales/voids, management bills, bill sequence and pay-outs
- Check bills signed to Room Account and record all covers
- Record Reset Counter
- Spot-check Function Diary and the settlement of function bills
- Reconcile telephone, Pay TV, newspaper revenue, guest laundry income, corrections and allowance
- Ensure Advanced Deposits are current
- Recommend improvements to processes as required
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Finance Manager and/or General Manager
What are we looking for?
An Income Auditor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience in the hotel / leisure / retail sector
- Possess strong organisational skills
- A good understanding of financial operating systems and procedures
- Strong influencing, inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Accounts/Finance experience in a high volume department, preferably within a hotel environment
- Experience with the PeopleSoft system