About the job
Parsons is looking for a talented Senior Engineer, ICT Infrastructure and Solutions to join the smart city project.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Overlook the operation team’s perspective of the varying smart city solutions that can be deployed within Lusail City.
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders part of the smart city solution.
- Evaluate the smart city ideas, and innovations and acquire necessary approvals for solutions to meet the required output.
- Ensure the necessary SLA’s are recorded and followed for all activities as part of smart city solution.
- Support team in identifying project value engineering aspects and amend design accordingly.
- Review service agreements and optimizing solutions.
- Support solution architect to define critical outputs of smart city solutions.
- Support in day-to-day activities as assigned by line manager
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
What Required Skills You Will Bring:
- Bachelor of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer/ Instrumentation Engineer
- 7+ years’ of experience in supporting the implementation of smart cities
- Clear understanding of OT technologies for OT environment
- Stakeholder management
- Experience in managing Data Center design and implementation
- Hands-on experience with varying vendors ICT hardware, OS, server, etc. configuration and management
- Troubleshooting capability for all Data Center systems including servers, storage controllers, routers, and switches from multiple leading vendors
- Exhibit experience in designing platform solutions and implementation at the scale of a city or equivalent-sized projects
- Experienced with Application management
- Experience in managing/Supporting the development of smart city solutions and AI-enabled solutions
What Desired Skills You Will Bring
- Experience in all kinds of high-valued projects.
- Ability to liaise, influence, challenge and interact effectively with other Senior executives.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with a variety of stakeholders including individual and corporate/institutional investors/funds, consumer financiers,3rd party vendors
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage a board portfolio of activities.
- Experience in Qatar or GCC will be preferred
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications suite.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high level of accuracy.