About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Utilities Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will get to supervise the Construction Activities for an infrastructure Project.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting in the review of Material Submittals, Shop Drawings, Inspection requests, As-built drawings , etc.
- Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Assisting the engineering team in various construction activities to ensure construction complies with the client’s specifications.
- Assisting in the reviewing and supervising contractor’s daily and weekly inspection reports.
- Receive material inspection requests (MIR) from contractor, inspect materials delivered at site and report on quantity and technical compliance and sign off requests.
- Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment.
- Attend to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of works and assess the safety at site including health and environmental issues, ensuring the same complies with contracts / QCS specifications, safety and health risk assessment and environmental mitigating measures respectively on a daily basis.
- Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspection, examination and testing results.
- Ensuring the contractors comply with operational and safety standards.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Prepare Surveillance Report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site that are believed to have failed or if the contractor is not complying with verbal instructions and subsequently complete a Non-Conformance Report (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Keep, monitor and follow up as necessary and maintain complete record(s) concerning the execution of the works.
- Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitors it for improvement.
- Ensure site progress information is communicated regularly.
- Perform all other duties that may be requested by team leadership.
- Coordinate the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- At least 4 years Bachelors Degree in Engineering with MMUP approval.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience related to Infrastructure projects.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and authorities requirements and regulations.
- Strong Understanding of QCS, PWA, NFPA and QCDD standards.
- Strong technical report writing and documentation skills
- Ability to Work independently and proactively
- Strong Knowledge of the tests required for the Dry and Wet utilities.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to the area of assignment.