About the job
- Responsible for providing required quality Process engineering support and expertise through all stages of the project
- Verify and review technical designs, Process simulation documents, and design documents in accordance with approved standards and to meet Operations, Maintenance, Asset integrity and HSE requirements.
- Ensure scope preparation completeness review with hands on experience in operation and maintenance of rotating and non-rotating equipment, various pumps and compressors, reliability and availability of equipment, APMS (Asset Performance Management System), mechanical and piping modifications, utilities etc.
- Plan and coordinate between Operations, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, Process and Operational Safety, Fire Engineering and ICT teams to ensure project requirements are met and aligned and provide continuous project assurance.
- Identifies potential hazards during Engineering activities such as Document Review, Design Safety Review workshop, HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, QRA, FERA, etc., participate in technical meetings, commissioning activities, SAT, Plant pre-startup safety audits, performance tests raises punch lists and provide support to operations and maintenance teams in various stages of project activities.
- Coordinate with the Project execution department, engineering, operations and maintenance teams during projects’ FEED and EPIC stages to align operations, maintenance, and Asset Integrity and HSE requirements.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders to resolve technical issues, punch lists and warranty issues during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages until the projects are successfully commissioned and handed over.
- Support lead engineer or his supervisor and ensure that all applicable environmental, process and safety technical policies, and standards are fully integrated and implemented. Provide necessary support during any incident analysis, failure investigations etc.
- Ensure SIMOPS and various project interfaces so that shutdown activities are properly planned for effective execution.
- Support the development of Qatari teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/Process Engineering. Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- Minimum 15 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 10 years in Oil & Gas industry with an international reputable Operating company.
- Experience in operations and maintenance is mandatory.
- Skill / knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of expertise and Process SIMULATION such as HYSIS, ASPEN, FLARENET, etc.
- Exposure with international consulting company, EPIC contractor with projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities is an added advantage.
- Possess sound fundamentals in his discipline area. Shall possess very good technical skills in his discipline.
- Possess good communication, presentation skills and fluent in English language.