About the job
About TMF Group
TMF Group is the leading provider of critical compliance and administrative services. We serve corporations, fund managers, financial institutions and private clients operating, expanding, and investing in multiple jurisdictions.
We work hand in hand with global advisors and lawyers, supporting their clients with dedicated local expertise covering 85 jurisdictions from 120 wholly-owned offices.
Responsibilities include being the Onboarding Specialist providing support in business growth by incorporating new Clients with the least Turnaround time possible while assuring the quality of output.
The SA may still provide bookkeeping for Tier 2 Clients while at the same time providing quality assurance to the output financial reports and tax returns for Tier 1-2 Clients prepared by accountants. The reports are expected to be reliable, comply with relevant IFRS and tax regulations and be submitted timely whether monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Understand the importance of revenue, productivity, chargeability and the client relationship and effectively apply this understanding to daily tasks.
- Provide training and guidance to team members focusing on task performance
- Implement changes to procedures, and guidelines, when applicable.
- Coordinate reviews, billing and other internal controls to ensure that they are conducted and observed
- Collaborate and share knowledge/expertise across service lines and other TMF offices on specific deals
- Support the implementation and updating of systems
- Escalate technical issues and knowledge gaps, where required
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with clients, auditors as appropriate as assigned within the portfolio, building a first-rate professional relationship with assigned clients acting as a secondary point of contact
- Ensure the delivery of services in accordance with each client engagement letter
- Attend client meetings, as required
- Oversee completion of know-your-client procedures for all assigned clients
- Coordinate with the onboarding of new clients
- Processing of accounting and tax-associated work for Tier 2 Clients
- Review, test and reconcile the work and data received from accountants for Tier 1 Clients
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of monthly and annual trackers
- Be organized, logical and thorough in the execution of their function
- Ability to follow defined processes through basic problem-solving.
- Deadline-oriented person with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and manage personal workload
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strives to meet service delivery standards.
- Able to respond to client needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build good working relations at all levels, communicate clearly and act with courtesy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Is a team player
- Be trustworthy, considerate and live the TMF values
- Understands personal development areas and is driven to ‘bridge’ gaps
Key Knowledge And Experience
- Has completed Accountancy degree;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience gained from a sizable CPA firm or multinational company; plus tax experience gained in major international professional firms is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of international accounting practices (IFRS) and key updates;
- Self-motivated, well-organized and a strong sense of responsibility with a positive working attitude;
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Experience in Focus, QuickBooks, Zoho, SAP and other key accounting software is a differential;
- Good command of written and spoken English, and Arabic will be an advantage.
- Other characteristics: reliable, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team