About the job
Perform developing, implementing, and maintaining scheduling and project control functions on a portfolio of projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer-based systems (Primavera Project Management ‘P6’ & Primavera Contract Management ‘Expedition’), within the framework of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives.
- Completed at least one project in the same role that is comparable in complexity and size to the project.
- Using the latest version of Primavera Project Management (P6) and Primavera Web Scheduling software for monitoring and reviewing the baselines and updated project schedules and costs.
- Ensuring the use of standardized forms and reports of Ashghal which are available in Primavera Contract Management (Expedition);
- Reviewing contractor’s work program submissions including all narratives and supporting information and providing analysis and findings.
- Verifying actual progress and comparing actual performances to original plans.
- Monitoring, adjusting, and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and consolidating these results in monthly reports.
- Implements and maintains an Earned Value Management System on the project.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition) and Cost Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience which should be in a similar role with an engineering consultancy, supervisor consultant, or project management consultancy.
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field.
- Proficient PC skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition
- Must have a good command of English both written and spoken, and good communication and presentation skills.