About the job
A Canteen Supervisor is responsible for supervising operations of the staff restaurant to deliver an excellent experience while training and supporting the team and ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements.
What will I be doing?
As a Canteen Supervisor, you will be responsible for training, supporting and motivating the Canteen Team to deliver an excellent staff experience. A Canteen Supervisor will also be required to ensure standards are met, plan menus and budget with the Head Chef, and ensure that health and safety are top priorities. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise operations of the staff restaurant
- Manage, train, and develop the Canteen team
- Ensure Canteen areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards
- Ensure standards are constantly monitored and action is taken to ensure compliance
- Plan staff food quantities so they are in line with hotel business levels
- Establish innovative ways of enhancing the internal customer dining experience
- Plan menus with the Chef to ensure a wide range of food is offered to cater to all tastes
- Promote the staff restaurant as a relaxing and friendly place to visit and eat
- Work with the Head Chef to ensure costs are in line with budget
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel’s Management
What are we looking for?
A Canteen Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure on their own or in teams
- Flexibility to respond to a range of various work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
- Experience in the hotel/leisure industry