About the job
Application deadline: 23 November 2023
Scope: High School – MYP & DP Maths
Reporting to: Head of High School
In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. The HS MYP & DP Maths Teacher should be an outstanding learner, motivator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of creating an environment of mutual support and respect by identifying and addressing factors that inhibit learning. He/she should be able to provide support to students, staff and parents to facilitate the development of an internationally minded community which shares a common interest in preserving the environment, caring for each other and engaging enthusiastically in learning.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Maths or equivalent
- Qualified teacher status appropriate to the teaching duties to be undertaken.
- Experience with the IB Diploma Programme (DP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP) Maths.
- Knowledge and Skills. S/he should have:
- alignment with the ISL values of diversity, passion, identity, and understanding.
- excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- high-level understanding of current research on how students learn and the ability to motivate high school students.
- ability to inspire students of varying backgrounds and abilities through differentiated instruction and engaging learning opportunities.
- capability to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters.
- awareness of the principles of Understanding by Design and Assessment for Learning.
- active participation in the development of the high school and fostering team spirit.
- stay informed about current developments and research findings in the field of high school teaching and learning of Maths.
- Effective time management skills to manage a diverse and demanding workload.
- Implement DP and MYP policy and strategic plans.
- Collaborate with the Head of High School and the MYP and DP Coordinators to ensure effective curriculum delivery, including resource selection and management.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, and review of the DP and MYP curriculum.
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and review of assessment and reporting systems.
- Promote the health and safety of high school classes.
- Engage in professional development and contribute to regular staff training and meetings.
- Foster a sense of team spirit in the high school and build connections with colleagues across the school.
- Contribute to community service and global citizenship goals.
- Participate in the extra-curricular activities program of the school.
- Promote a positive attitude between the high school and the wider community through cooperative relations, publications, competitions, and other initiatives.
- Enhance the professional standing of the teaching body.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the DP and MYP, addressing matters from the authorization report.
- Use technology to support high school learning, especially through the use of a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g., ManageBac, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Support the school in meeting its program obligations for NEASC and the IB.
- Contribute to the development of Assessment for Learning (AFL) and Understanding by Design (UBD) within the high school.