About the job
Application deadline: 23 November 2023
Scope: Whole School – Arabic
Reporting to: Head of Multilingualism
In order to fill this role effectively the person taking on the role will need to have a range of qualities, competencies and experience. The MOE Arabic Coordinator should be an inspirational, passionate and adaptable educator and a caring, creative and innovative pastoral leader. He/She should be an outstanding motivator, learner, administrator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of leading pastoral development and supporting students through a caring, stimulating, challenging and well-organized pastoral environment. He/She should be able to provide professional leadership for colleagues to ensure improved standards of pastoral care for all students.
Knowledge and Skills. He/She should
- model the behaviours and values promoted by the school and act as a role model for colleagues and students
- have a caring, supportive and understanding nature in order to be an advocate for the students
- have the ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload have collaborative skills in order to be able to provide support and guidance to students and parents
- be resourceful and innovative in developing and implementing the vision, strategy, curriculum and best pedagogical practices across the MOE Arabic department
- be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes using a variety of styles to create appropriate learning opportunities for students
- possess the ability to motivate colleagues and students to do their best
- have a high level of awareness of current developments in MOE Arabic .
Responsibilities. He/She will be expected to
- assist with the design, development and implementation of language strategy in close cooperation with the Head of Section.
- support to the recruitment of language staff and induction
- assist in the department meeting agenda and able hold collaborative planning meetings
- ensure that the minutes of meetings are circulated in timely fashion and actioned accordingly assist in the review of the School’s language policy
- support in the communication plan for teacher collaboration and promote language education in the community
- ensure that every member of staff adheres to professional growth plan
- ensure consistency of teaching and learning quality
- assist in the review of assessment procedures regularly
- collaborate with colleagues and parents to enable students make informed language choices
- assist departments across the School in developing multilingualism as a fact, a right and a resource for all students across all subject areas
- help organize regular parent workshops on multilingualism and the ISL language programme.
- Work with heads of division to ensure language paths and options are realistic and achievable, thus ensuring personal and academic options at IBDP and beyond are maximized.
- Ensure that the Ministry of Education Arabic requirements are implemented in manner that is aligned with the IB curriculum, philosophy, pedagogical approaches.
- Manage the space, resources and personnel efficiently and effectively to ensure that it meets the needs of the curriculum, as well as with the health and safety regulations of the school. Establish and maintain community partnerships to enhance authentic learning experiences.
- Support the school in meeting its programme obligations for NEASC and the IB.