About the job
A little bit about us!
At Snoonu, we hold the belief that technology has the power to make anything possible.
Our Vision: to be the first Qatari Super App that propels the region and its community through innovation and technology. We envision a global expansion where what we do surpasses norms and limitations every time.
Our Mission: To radically transform how people live by leveraging technology to connect them with endless possibilities.
Values We Live By
- Be Customer Obsessed – “Focus on the customer and all else will follow.”
- Act with Integrity – “We are honest, ethical, and trustworthy in everything we do.”
- Be Curious and Creative – “We constantly innovate and create solutions to bring a lasting positive impact.”
- Lead by Example and Take Ownership – “Be the change you want to see and take ownership.”
- Hustle and Deliver Results – “You can do more by doing less, better, and faster.”
- It’s all about people – “Be a Team player, together we are stronger.”
As a Middle QA Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and performance of our mobile app. You will work closely with the development and product teams to execute test cases, identify defects, and drive continuous improvement in the software development process. Your keen attention to detail and the ability to think critically will contribute to delivering high-quality software that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Some Of What You Will Be Doing
- Test Planning and Design:
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to understand the project requirements and functional specifications.
- Develop Test scenarios based on the project requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments to prioritize testing efforts effectively.
- Test Execution:
- Execute manual test cases to validate software functionality
- Participate in Backend deployments, perform smoke testing
- Identify and document defects with clear steps to reproduce and escalate issues to the development team.
- Perform regression testing to ensure the stability of software after changes or enhancements.
- Defect Management:
- Track defects in the issue-tracking system and work closely with developers to ensure timely resolution.
- Verify bug fixes and conduct root cause analysis to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Actively contribute to the improvement of QA processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Propose innovative ideas to enhance the overall quality and efficiency of testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, product managers, and other QA team members.
- Participate in team meetings, test case reviews, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Test Environment Setup:
- Set up and maintain test environments and test data to support various testing activities.
- Automation Testing:
- Desire to evolve into automated testing in the future.
Some Of What Is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Owning a minimum of an iOS or Android device. Knowledge of all platform
- specifics and experience using both systems as a user.
- Proven experience as a QA Engineer or similar role, with a strong understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
- Hands-on experience with manual testing, and bug tracking systems (e.g. Jira, Allure Test-ops).
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, C# would be a plus.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Understanding of JSON, Postman, and response status codes.
- Experience with traffic sniffing tools would be a plus.
- Solid knowledge of software testing principles, including smoke, regression testing, UAT, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically.
- Familiarity with event tracking platforms such as Amplitude, and Braze would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment