About the job
The Specialist – Employee Development creates, implements, and reviews career development plans for trainees in liaison with Sidra Medicine branches. S/he acts as a focal point for employee development, supplying information and data in a timely and accurate manner to all stakeholders as required. The incumbent also guides employees through making decisions about their career development and which further studies or training to pursue.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Creates, implements, and reviews career development plans for trainees in liaison with Sidra Medicine branches.
- Performs regular performance evaluation reviews for the Graduates/students.
- Develops career development materials, including a training manual for trainees’ reference and a log that they can use to track their progress.
- Incorporates training and talent management interventions in order to develop and implement a comprehensive Graduates/students development program when required.
- Acts as focal point for employee development, supplying information and data in a timely and accurate manner to all stakeholders as required.
- Act as focal point for employee development by providing support to Sidra Medicine branches regarding Nationals development (mainly Graduates/students), advising on appropriate national development strategies and procedures.
- Designs, prepares, organizes and delivers national development related events and training programs when required (e.g., induction programs).
- Evaluates employees’ background, education, and training, to help them develop realistic career development goals.
- Guides employee through making decisions about their careers development and which further studies or training to pursue.
- Designs, prepares, and supervises national development programs/events such as the trainees induction program & academic gatherings, career fairs and university visits.
- Contributes to the internship programs in Sidra Medicine
- Maintains statistical data of career development programs and students’ performance and progress; analyzes the data, and prepares periodic reports for management use in decision making.
- Maintains and updates information sources such as the Sidra Medicine Portal, ERP and the Employee Graduates/students Development Manual, etc.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to design on-the-job training programs for Graduate Associates.
- Monitors graduate associates’ progress through meeting regularly, requesting updates from line manager and record feedback.
- Follows up with stakeholders to ensure smooth onboarding process for graduate associates.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values
- In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS – SELECTION CRITERIA
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field
5+ years of experience in relevant fields inclusive of:
- Experience working on organization-wide projects
- Experience in working with a diverse workforce / multicultural environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with competing priorities