About the job
Position Title: Senior Product Specialist
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE:
1. University Degree with a medical background Biomedical Engineer, Doctor of Medicine,
Bachelor of Pharmacy, Nursing
2. Minimum of 2 years experience handling Sales of CSSD lines.
3. Should have strong communication & negotiation skills.
4. Should be able to work under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
5. Should have advanced computer skills.
6. Well-versed in the English language, knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
1. First-level customer/ supplier interface
2. Solves Tier 1 escalated problems within prescribed guidelines ensuring complete customer/ supplier satisfaction and contributing towards developing customer loyalty and principal retention.
3. Interface with the Finance & logistics team to ensure on-time deliveries of products and collections of payments from customers and goods ordering and payments to suppliers
4. Monitors internal stock level to maintain proper supply chain.
5. Prepare yearly forecasts & budgets and draw up weekly/monthly action plans to achieve the same.
6. Work closely with all departments, especially the project team to ensure the timely execution of projects
1. Prepares technical & commercial proposals & offers
2. Promotes companies’ products to customers on a daily basis and attends to their concerns & issues.
3. Ensures proper transfer of information from clients to suppliers and vice versa.
4. Inform suppliers of any adverse product performances to take suitable action on time.
5. Updates clients of the latest product releases and other developments.
6. Develop good relationships with the Logistics team & management of suppliers
1. This position does not have a management role.
2. However if & when required, mentoring/ coaching a new product specialist is needed.
1. Gathers and derives knowledge from moderately complex and difficult-to-source data, which are
from multiple sources.
2. Analyses market trends, new product-worthiness, doctor’s skills and demand to provide specific
product support to customers and also to devise procurement & stock strategy
3. Timely analysis of issues and product concerns to provide on-the-spot trouble-shooting wherever possible.
4. Analyses accounts receivable aging reports and provides reports to DM & FM.
5. Conduct competitive quality analysis on products being promoted.
6. Analyses brand performances for negotiations with suppliers for price, credit & other commercial terms.
1. Identifies needs and improvement opportunities and provides information to Managers or Suppliers in order to facilitate change or improvement.
2. Provides recommendations for product promotions, special offers & projects.
1. Responsible for planning and maintaining inventory of the department.
2. Responsible for proper expiry management of products.
3. Ensure timely invoicing, deliveries and installation of related products at the Customer site.
4. Follow up on tough collection accounts.
5. Negotiate better pricing & offers with suppliers.
6. Monitors work of Sub-contractors/ consultants, whenever they’re employed for projects.
7. Assists Project Team in executing related projects.
8. Provide the Finance Team with all assistance to ensure proper collection of receivables and
transfer of payables.
9. Assist Engineering Team with installations & maintenance of equipment’s.
10. Ensure complete customer satisfaction with regard to products and support.
11. Follow up with the payment.
12. Watch the deadline of each order and make sure to strict this deadline.
1. Prepares and executes yearly forecast & strategy to increase revenue for the company and
2. Provide inputs into long-term plans of the company by understanding changes in the industry dynamics both local & worldwide.