About the job
As a Chef De Partie within Bakery and Pastry section, you will be responsible for the day to day operation of a large section of the kitchen with a specific team on Pastry. The role will ensure the quality, suitability, flavor, appearance and safety standards of all food items leaving the production area to be served to premium passengers. Managing a group of demi chefs and cooks (commis), the main emphasis is on operations and production of food for passengers.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Ensure compliance with food safety and hygiene standards as per policies and procedures set by the company.
- Train and coach demi chef de parties and new staff according to company standards.
- Oversee the preparation of food and monitor presentation.
- Prepare menu orders and transfer to Sous Chef for approval and finalisation.
- Liaise with stores and other departments to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure FIFO is followed in kitchen stores and production areas.
- Roster employees according to staffing requirements.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, projected consumptions and ordering requirements.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve efficiency and quality of processes.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimize health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
You should have at least a High School Qualification and minimum 3 years of job related experience (Pastry).
It is highly beneficial to have culinary school or certified culinary professional courses/program/diploma/degree, professional cooking certification and good working knowledge about menu cycles, uplifts, sectors and equipment’s.
- Good knowledge of Food Hygiene and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
- Aware of new trends and directions in the fine dining servicing industry
- Computer Literate
- Planning and Supervisory Skills
- Flexible working hours as the role include shift work
- Deep understanding and Knowledge of food safety and airside safety.