About the job
Reporting to: Head of Multilingualism, Language Coordinator
The French Mother Tongue teacher should be an outstanding, effective learner, motivator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills. He/she should also be capable of preparing students for international programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organised learning environment. He/She should be able to utilize his/her professional skills and expertise and make effective use of resources to ensure improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.
Qualifications and experience: The school prefers people with:
- A bachelor’s degree in French language or equivalent
- Experience in teaching French mother tongue, language and literature
Knowledge and Skill:
- be aligned with the ISL values of belonging, integrity, grit and kindness
- possess excellent communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school, in particular he/she should be able to communicate effectively in French and English
- have a high level of understanding of current research as to how children learn and possess the ability to motivate students to perform at their best
- through differentiated instruction, and by using a variety of styles, be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
- have a good awareness of current developments in French Mother Tongue programs and be able to participate fully in an expanding IB primary, middle and high school and, in particular, help to develop the team spirit within the mother tongue department.
- Implementing mother tongue policy and strategic plans.
- Liaising with the primary, middle school and high school teams and the curriculum leaders to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- Participating in the design, development, implementation, and review of an integrated programme of French Mother Tongue
- Participating in the design, development, implementation and review of assessment and reporting systems
- Promoting the health and safety of assigned classes
- Participating in professional development and contributing to regular coaching and feedback sessions with the Language Coordinator and Head of Multilingualism.
- Establishing the team spirit in the middle and diploma school and developing links with colleagues across the school
- Contributing to community service and global citizenship goals
- Taking part in in the extra-curricular activities programme of the school
- Playing an active role in the development of a positive attitude between Mother Tongue and the wider community through cooperative relations, publications, competitions etc.
- Enhancing the professional standing of the faculty
Under husband or family sponsorship Salary is based on the timetable / classes