About the job
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and boiler systems; and ensure that the following are maintained:
- To keep all kitchen and laundry equipment in a good state of maintenance and repair.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance of all kitchen and laundry equipment in accordance with the schedule.
- To check daily the kitchen and laundry equipment for proper functions.
- To be thoroughly familiar with all regulations regarding safety at work and observe these meticulously at all times.
- To observe cleanliness at the place of work and on the job after completion of work.
- To assist Supervisors in preparing a spare parts list for the kitchen and laundry equipment.
- To follow the energy conservation program.
- To be able to work to a preventative planned maintenance program as outlined by the Engineering Management.
- Carry out effective maintenance and repair of all reported defects during the working day and record work carried out in the log book.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of the Carpenters workshop and storage rooms and areas maintained by the Engineering department. Work carried out in FOH & BOH must be cleaned up immediately after completion.
- To be responsible for monitoring to keeping adequate stock of all equipment and supplies.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
- To be able to work shift work or weekends as required.
- To be a flexible member of the Engineering department and willing to assist other members of the team when required.
- To understand and adhere to the Engineering department’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to multi-task. Ability to complete requests in a timely, accurate, efficient and knowledgeable manner.