About the job
The incumbent will conduct the source-to-contract process within the respective sourcing category. This includes developing the scope of work and subsequent RFQs/RFPs based on the requests created by departments, formally conducting the bids analysis, negotiation and validation of bids submitted by suppliers in alignment with requesters/expense owners, and drafting contracts for suppliers in alignment with Group Legal. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in managing the vendor panel / database as the closest link to suppliers in the Procurement division.
- Assist internal customers in all their procurement requests/activities and seek solution to their requests.
- Support and deliver Source-to-Contract process in the frame defined by category strategies and panels:
- Ensure the Source-to-Contract process follows the definitions laid out by the category strategy (RFP specifications, negotiation tactics etc).
- Ensure full alignment between the buyers’ team and requesting departments / expense owners, supporting escalations when needed.
- Provide input directly on the analysis of large/complex requests, and the subsequent RFP development, issuance, negotiation, selection and contract drafting.
- Conduct supplier bids analysis, formal negotiations with vendors, and ensure validation:
- Evaluate supplier bids alongside requesting department and/or expense owner, providing analysis as needed.
- Formally conduct the negotiation process with suppliers, involving the requesting department and/or expense owner.
- Ensure the final selection and rationale is validated by the requesting department and/or expense owner and is ready for the review of the final approver / selection committee.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong/effective relationships with related departments/units to achieve the Group’s objectives.
- Provide timely/accurate data to external/internal Auditors, Compliance, Financial Control and Risk when required.
- MCIPS preferred
- University graduate (Bachelor) preferably with a Major in the related field of study, professional accreditation related to the function is an asset.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, preferably within a highly-rated international bank.
- Experience in RFP / tendering, or in some specific categories is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Arabic.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
- Personal integrity and self-management.
- Negotiation skills and commercial sense
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail